Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

RESTFul Webservices

I liked the concept of RESTful webservices and at the same time worried how easily one can develop a not so RESTful webservices.



I am not sure, if I can label it little loose in terms of specification, as the usage of POST and PUT is little confusing as it might differ based on the implementation. A developer, can do either create or update in either of the methods.

The only rule I am trying to burn in my head is that PUT is idempotent.

Recently, I presented the following presentation in our company.

I like the JerseyTest as it helped me a lot in writing test cases and I think one should always pick a framework which is easy to unit test.

Unit testing shouldn't be an after thought, it should be designed!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment